Oaxacan LIfe: Part 14--- El Día Del Perro Sentado (The Dog Sitting Day!)

 One activity I have sorely missed from my last couple of years living in Sacramento was my side business of dog sitting. Since that opportunity has not been here for me in Oaxaca, I have had to get my "dog fix" as frequently as I can whenever I am out walking. Dogs-- pets and street canines alike--are plentiful in this town, so I can often find opportunities for exchanging pats for licks!  

However, nothing can compare with an actual day of dog sitting, and most happily, this opportunity finally landed in my lap!

I have a new friend here in town--a Colorado transplant--and she came as a package with her pet "perro":  the cutest little beagle I have ever seen. Although already 6 months old, this precious little Clover has not lost her petite-ness or her puppy-ish little face. In short, she is completely adorable. 

When Jamie left her in my care, we spent the entire morning playing fetch, tug-of-war, and going on a two-hour walk in El Centro. I was amazed at the rapidity with which I made new friends: everyone wanted to meet this little, magnetic pup, and the woman attached to her on a leash! It was quite the eventful outing...fun, but exhausting. At the end of my several hour adventure with the beagle, I was rather relieved when Clover was fetched back home. Nonetheless, it was ultimately delightful...memorable, and precious.

As you can see, Clover is extremely photogenic! When she would sit--or lie still--in very rare moments, I took advantage of the opportunity to capture her on camera. Below are the results.


Is it any wonder that EVERYONE wanted to meet--and cuddle with--this precious little pup?!

She was a little bundle of endless energy for the first four hours! We played endless rounds of fetch and tug-of-war.  Don't be fooled by the relaxed demeanor below: these moments of repose only lasted a few minutes before she was raring to go again! 










Next post: "One Weekend, Two Amazing Hikes!" 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mazunte and San Augustinillo: Two very charming Oaxacan towns!

The expat's new adventure: traveling south of the border to Mazunte in the state of Oaxaca!

Oaxacan Life: Part 10-- Simple Pleasures (Placeres Simples)!