Oaxacan LIfe: Part 15-- Moto Loco!

Technically, it should be "moto LOCA", and not "locO", since the full name for a motorcycle "en espanol" is "motocicleta" and thus the adjective agreement should be feminine. Thing is, it wouldn't be nearly as poetic, now would it?! So... I thus granted myself a little poetic license there in my title of this blog. 

After the past 33 days vacationing in the U.S., it was a bit of an adjustment returning home to Oaxaca, which I did this past Tuesday. (What, no Trader Joe's?!) But, after a a few days here, I now feel settled and happy to be back. Unlike August in California, it is rainy, cool and clean here. The skies are blue and consistently beautiful, with ever-changing formations of clouds, not to mention the occasional, magnificent rainbow. 

This morning's Sunday ride with expat bike buddies was not only scenic and lovely, but included the unexpected surprise of the craziest, hell's angel type--to the nth degree!-- Mexican motorcycle I have ever laid eyes upon. Awestruck, I took the following photos, and I hope you will be as impressed and amazed as I was!

Ron, our fearless outing leader, inspects this crazy contraption. His comment: 
"Geez, it's like something out of 'Mad Max'"! Not sure if the owner/biker dude understood the reference, or even spoke English...but he gave us a smile just the same. 




Guy with green cap was the proud driver; woman on the right, his passenger. I imagine he loves the attention he attracts! To the left: another one of our gang gawks!



So you can see what I was talking about regarding how beautiful it is here in rainy season, especially when riding out in the country:



Ron poses in front of the gargantuan cactus "trees"! 


The "hardcore" members of the group... I can only go part way with them--after our break, they take off on gnarlier roads and climbs, while I return from whence we came. 


Riding along the country roads-- with the gorgeous scenery--is so enjoyable, I didn't mind going it alone on the return trip to Oaxaca. 


After a serious, monsoon-like rainfall this afternoon, this exquisite rainbow appeared in the sky... and seemed a fitting finale for this wonderful day in nature!






Comments

  1. Beautiful pictures! Here in CA the air quality is
    poor or worse depending where you’re at due to fires uncontained as of yet. Are you back dog sitting Clover?
    Glad to get back on your blog and read your adventures. Those cactus trees look like ocotillos on steroids! Can’t believe how huge they are.
    Oh yes and the motorcycle- skull cup holders 🤣 I can’t believe it’s rideable right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mazunte and San Augustinillo: Two very charming Oaxacan towns!

The expat's new adventure: traveling south of the border to Mazunte in the state of Oaxaca!

Oaxacan Life: Part 10-- Simple Pleasures (Placeres Simples)!